- 1 ½ cups pasta
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ onion or shallot, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch kale, beet greens, escarole or swiss chard
- Sea salt, pepper and/or red pepper flakes
- Grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
1. Set a large pot of water to boil. When boiling, add dried pasta and cook according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat chopped bacon in a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion or shallot, chopped garlic cloves, and sliced cremini mushrooms and sauté until browned.
3. Stir in de-stemmed, cleaned and roughly chopped kale, beet greens, escarole, or Swiss chard. Add 1/2 cup pasta water and cover skillet, letting greens wilt.
4. Stir drained pasta into skillet and season dish with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Top with grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese.